Training and Technical Assistance for Statewide Strategic Planning
The Justice for All Reauthorization Act, passed in December 2016, requires all applicants for FY2019 Byrne JAG state formula grant awards to include a statewide strategic plan that addresses resource allocation, use of data and implementation of evidence based practices. This comprehensive plan must be developed in consultation with a diverse group of stakeholders; defined in the Act. The plan must describe the evidence-based approaches to be used and illustrate how funding will be allocated. States will be required to update their strategic plans every five years.
Current planning efforts vary immensely among state administering agencies, due to capacity within the state agencies, lack of targeted training and technical assistance (TTA), and an inability to access and analyze the data necessary to plan for and measure program effectiveness. But, we can help.
The National Criminal Justice Association, with funding from the Bureau of Justice Assistance, offers training and technical assistance to SAAs to support your strategic planning efforts and the implementation of evidence-based policies and practices. This TTA is designed to help states meet the 2019 Byrne Justice Assistance Grant requirement of a comprehensive statewide strategic plan. TTA will be delivered in a variety of ways to best meet your needs; including onsite facilitation, phone/email contact, web based learning, regional trainings, and personalized support. In addition, NCJA will be providing grants management training, mentoring and leadership development to our SAA partners.
Request Training and Technical Assistance
We offer three levels of training and technical assistance:
- Tier 1 TTA includes a less intensive problem-solving response. Information may be delivered be email or phone and include the dissemination of publications and data and referrals to online resources.
- Tier 2 TTA involves direct staff support and may include the customization of documents, training materials and publications, as well as facilitating connections through our SAAs peer-to-peer mentor network or the network of Governor’s Criminal Justice Policy Advisors.
- Tier 3 TTA involves the development of customized products or services to meet a state’s unique TA needs. In some cases, this will involve on-site delivery of TTA services.
Click the button below to complete the request form for statewide strategic planning training and technical assistance (TTA). You will be asked to:
- Describe the needs, problems or challenges your agency is seeking to address;
- Upload your agency's most recent strategic plan (if any);
- Identify areas of strategic planning that your agency wishes to focus on;
- Select a preferred method of TTA delivery; and
- Outline your timeframe for the strategic planning process.
Request strategic planning TTA
Once you have submitted the TTA request form, NCJA staff will review the form and follow up with the individual listed in the form as the primary contact to determine next steps. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Deb Matteucci, Strategic Planning TTA Program Manager, at email@example.com or (202) 424-0834.
Please contact Deb Matteucci, Strategic Planning TTA Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 424-0834.