Outstanding Criminal Justice Program Awards
Award Criteria and Deadline
Each year at the Forum on Criminal Justice, NCJA honors up to five outstanding criminal justice programs that showcase successful promising practices in criminal justice. The NCJA will honor these winning programs during an Awards Luncheon at the 2020 Forum on Criminal Justice, October 25-28 in Cleveland, Ohio. The award winners are evaluated by a panel of criminal justice experts based on the following criteria:
- Does the program address an important criminal justice issue?
- Does the program demonstrate collaboration among criminal justice allied agencies or disciplines?
- Can the program provide quantitative evidence of its effectiveness in accomplishing program goals?
- Does the program leverage federal, state, local, or other non-governmental funds and resources?
- Can the program be easily replicated in other jurisdictions?
We are particularly interested in programs that are innovative and can document concrete results.
The deadline for completed nominations is 5 p.m. ET on Friday, April 3, 2020.
Click Here to Nominate a Program
The OCJP award application consists of three parts:
- Program questionnaire, which can be completed online or by downloading the word form;
- Supporting materials (as appropriate); and
- Signature page.
Nominations may be submitted online or by hard copy. An individual or agency may nominate as many programs as they wish. Please complete one separate form for each program you nominate.
All program nominations must include signatures from both the program director and the state criminal justice agency administrator (SAA). Submissions that do not include these signatures will not be considered. Click here to find your SAA.
Nominations for outstanding programs must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. ET on Friday, April 3, 2020. Nominations will be accepted online, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for Successful Applications
View webinar | Download transcript
In 2016, NCJA hosted an informational webinar for potential applications. In this webinar, Outstanding Criminal Justice Program Awards: Tips and Tricks for Success, we discuss the elements that go into a submitting a successful OCJP Award application package, including what the application evaluators look for in a winning program and what information can and should be included for your nomination materials. Using examples from previous winners, this webinar also demonstrates what makes a program stand apart from the other applicants.
Past Award Recipients
Click below to view past award recipients by year:
For more information, please contact Bethany Broida, NCJA Director of Communications, at (202) 276-2266 or email@example.com.