State Agency membership is open to State Administering Agencies (SAAs) who administer the Byrne Justice Assistance Grant program. Members representing the states are appointed by the governor of the state or territory or by the mayor of the District of Columbia as Criminal Justice System Representatives (CJSR) and who are the full-time senior level employees of the state whose responsibility is the direction of systemic criminal justice planning, coordination, management, research, training, and/or technical assistance.
State agency membership also includes subscriptions and website access for a select number of agency employees depending upon dues level. The benefits of this membership include:
- Subscriptions to Justice Bulletin, NCJA's weekly newsletter.
- Subscriptions to InfoLetter, a weekly email newsletter highlighting Congressional and Federal activities affecting state, tribal and local criminal and juvenile justice.
- Access to the members only section of the NCJA web site.
- Participation in NCJA's online community Connect2Justice.
- Free registration for NCJA members-only webinars for all agency staff.
- Accecss to the Short Takes grants library.
- A seat on the NCJA governing body, the Advisory Council.
- Opportunity to be elected the NCJA Board of Directors.
- Opportunity to participate in national symposia and conferences.
- Discounted registration rates for the National Forum and other regional meetings and conferences for agency staff.
- Opportunities to provide national leadership in shaping the future of the American justice system through interaction with other state and tribal justice leaders and participation in NCJA activities and committees.
- Ability to influence national policy through consultation with Congressional leaders and administration officials.
- Access to research by the NCJA staff and use of the NCJA Washington, D.C. office.
To learn more about state agency membership dues please contact NCJA at (202) 628-8550.